Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Pre-Exam Jitters

It's not difficult to understand why I hate finals week(s) the most. It's like getting forced into this vortex of nothingness for a couple of days, forcing my brain to memorize, analyze, understand literally hundreds of concepts day after day. It wears me out. I do nothing but read, study, squint my eyes with frustration.

I really have to do well this time. I deactivated my Facebook and chose to live several miles (fine, kilometers!) away from home, here at the dorm near the university I try to avoid staying in as much as I can help it.

I didn't have to work hard as much in undergrad, but I got exactly what I wanted. Getting what I want this time, and all the roadblock and difficulties I have to go through...I guess you can say they inspire me. It fuels my competitive drive. It makes me go wild with hunger.

So fine! Maybe you can say I'm grade-conscious, at which point I'd insist that I merely care about learning, getting it.

More than anything, really, what keeps me going is the fact that, in a matter of days, right after my final exam, I finally get to meet my boyfriend. By then, it will have been a full month and 9 days since our last meeting. Long distance is a bitch, but I love him no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment